Friday, November 12, 2010

Thanksgiving Turkey Cake



OMG! this is amazingly wonderful
Chow.com is cooking site full of recipes
and ideas
they even have a "hack" button
so you can create your version of their creations

what you see is two layers of turkey meatloaf
separated by a layer of dressing
held in place
by mashed potatoes
that's mashed sweet potatoes
and mini marshmallows on top
as they say
slice and serve with gravy

I'm probably not going to have an occasion
where I can make my own version and take a photo
Do let me know what happens if you try this

(C) 2010 Sandy Vrooman


posted with permission from:


If you click on the title of this post, it will take you to this page. http://www.chow.com/recipes/29029-thanksgiving-turkey-cake

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what would happen if someone did this!!!!!
    Robin R.
    San Jose, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this sounds like a variation on a terrine which I do make. This is quite easy to do. Could do it in a loaf pan as well, easier to slice. Check Julia on vegetable terrines. Elegant and très simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't used any marshmallows in terrines though.

    ReplyDelete